Friday, September 18, 2015

Farm Girl Friday - Week 21!!!

Good morning and welcome to


Grab your book and turn to page 67
(get yourself a copy by clicking HERE)


There you will find the pattern and instructions
 for one of this weeks Farm Girl blocks...
"Tumbleweed"
This is a favorite and looks like it's turning...
which is why I named it tumbleweed.
I added the 4 easy corner triangles 
on the outside corners to 
give it the appearance of being round.


I used this block to make one of the 
large Harvest Table runners from the book.

I like the secondary pattern that forms
from the 4 easy corner triangles 
when you sew the blocks together...
super fun!


I know I say this all the time...
 but it really is perfect for a scrappy project:)


Did you know that sometimes I like to 
use my runners as wall decor as well?


I've always liked the way that 3 runners
 look together and you can
 hang them horizontally or vertically...depending on the room.
Wouldn't these 3 look great above a sofa?
This photo is from one of my Farm Girl Vintage retreats.


Can you sew the 3 small Harvest table runners too?
They're a great size for wallhangings as well.
The large runners are made from my Apronstrings block...
my Gingham block and of course my Tumbleweed block...
all from the book:)


Next up is my
"Sunny Sunflower"
on page 66.

This is another super versatile block.
You can sew that I used browns in the center
and golden yellow for the petals
so that it looks like a sunflower...


But when I used bright scrappy colors
they look like zinnias!


The pattern for my 
Sowing Seeds Table Topper 
is on page 122 of the book.


The Sowing Seeds topper is a Mix and Match Setting.
Here you can see two quilts I made with the Sowing Seeds
setting...one is of course with 
Sunny Sunflower blocks and the other
is my Butterchurn block which is on page 15.


When I started teaching my 
Farm Girl Vintage retreat/workshops
this year...I joined the Crops block from page 23 
onto the bottom of my Sunny Sunflowers...


Designed a new companion block for my students
to play with called Penny Pig...


Sewed up some of my Apronstrings block from the book...


And made this quilt using my 
Farmhouse Lane setting from the book.


You can purchase my
Penny Pig
pattern as a PDF download by clicking


Then we made giant
 Farm Girl Vintage Flowers 
at retreat using the 12" blocks from the book:)
Look at these cutie pie flowers
 made by my cutie pie students!
I love this photo:)


I designed even more companion blocks 
in both 6" and 12" sizes to go on top of my Crops block 
so that we could plant a 
Farm Girl Vintage Flower Garden!

These new flowers are also available 
as a PDF download by clicking 

Thanks for joining me for another episode of 
Farm Girl Friday...
YeeHaw!!!
xx
Lori

P.S. Don't forget to 
and visit this weeks super cute guest bloggers!

6 comments:

sandys7118 said...

Lori!

I am so in LOVE with this book and all the possibilities it opens to make tabletoppers, quilts, etc. I am new to quilting but have found to be my happiest when I quilt! So fun! Thank you for sharing your talent!

Libby said...

Just love this "Farm Girl Vintage" blog ~
Again, thanks for all you do.

Little Quiltsong said...

I love all your added companion blocks that you are bringing out and have already made a big quilt using your penny pig block. My daughter loves it!!

Pam McDonald said...

I love Penny and she needs friends, Lori! I know you are working on a cow, but how about a horse or a goat or...hm...bunnies?!

Natureluvr57 said...

This is your best book yet!!!!! I ordered both Penny the Pig and the flowers. I have my 3 tractors finished and it will be a long time before I get the 498 pinwheels made but I love them.

Janan Doster said...

I am in love with Penny Pig! And those sunflowers!
I plan to make an entire quilt of pigs using different pink fabrics for each pig!
How can I get your Farm Girl Vintage button to add to my blog? I am new at blogging, but I would love to have it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails