Monday, May 5, 2014

The Great Granny Sew Along - Week 3 - "Mama Blocks"!!! ...


It's week number 3 of the 
This week we are sewing the Mama Blocks.


These blocks are sweet and simple…
giving you the chance to use up leftover squares
in your scrappy stash.
Save your Squares!
(every square is important)


I named these the "mama blocks" because as you know…
I assigned a name for each round of squares 
in the great granny block
The center square is the baby…
and the next round is the mama.
So technically this could be called the baby/mama block…hehe
but I thought it best to just keep it at mama:)


I've been seeing so many photos on
of squares cut and laid out next to  
it makes me smile every time I see one!
This week is hosted by my friends 

Click on their names to see
 their sew sweet Mama blocks
and to get this weeks pdf
 and giveaway info:)


And don't forget to visit the
to see Kimberly and Debbie's
 Mama Blocks as well!


The Mama blocks are the last blocks that we sew for the quilt top...


So next week…
I'll be telling you how to put the
 "Mama's Crochet" quilt top together…
and the last week will be the great granny block for the label:)
 to get all of the sew along info because it's not too late to join!


I love seeing everyones background choices for their blocks…
the background color always changes
 the look of the mama blocks dramatically…
making each one sew cute! 


In the book I used navy background 
for these blocks and I love the contrast.
On the other hand ...
I love the sunny warmth of a yellow background...


and the cool feel of the aqua as well.

I love to use different colors
 as well as white to change the 
look and feel of a block:)


So choose your background ...
and make your Mama blocks ...
 and post them onto the 
to enter this weeks giveaway.

If it's a nice spring day where you live…
 you can hang them up on the line
for the photo shoot!

Remember to leave no square behind…
xx
Lori

6 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I really love the quilt with the dark background. I'm pulled to that lately. Love the book. You did a great job again. Can we set something up for may? How is your schedule?

Lisa Clark said...

I love the patterns.

Michele T said...

I love your posts... always eye-candy and beautiful!!!

Holly said...

The colors are so cheerful and pretty! Thank you for sharing! Ü

amy said...

hi Lori! so happy to be a part of your Great Granny Sew Along! You do awesome work, lady, I'll always be around to help spread the word. Have a great week! xo amy

Unknown said...

Hi Lori,

As the summer is arriving very fast, it would be very nice to have ideas for Christmas. I now... it is better to start early than in the last month.

I love your new pattern. They are really cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails