Monday, January 13, 2014

The Quilty Fun Sew Along - Week 9 - Quarter Square Triangles!!!...


Hello cute people…yes I'm still here:)
I have had several emails asking  me
 why I haven't been posting at my normal rate…
well let's just say I have been very busy with a new project
that I will be able to announce soon…
let's just say it involves another photo shoot here at my cottage next week!
YaY!!


But more on that later…
for now let's have some
 Quilty Fun!!


Today is already sew along week 9!


Hosting this week is the lovely 
Kerri from
Lovely Little Handmades
What a sweetie she is and what a sweet blog she has!


Click here to go visit her and get all of this weeks details…
and of course to see more of her cute blocks!


The quarter square triangles go in 3 places
 on the sampler quilt that we are making…
under the chubby chevron X blocks and 
around the bumble bee block along with 
some baby geese and 4-patch blocks….


you can also see a row of them 
underneath the cute cups:)



I have had some questions about how wide the sashings are
from those who are tempted to jump ahead …
the answer is that there are different sizes throughout…
so it will be best to wait until we are at a point
 when one of the side sections
or the center section can all be put together.


I hope you are all having Quilty Fun with the sew along…
I love seeing your photos on the
and also on
Keep up the good work play!!!

xx
Lori


3 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Hourglass Blocks. This will be fun to sew a bit of a BUNCH of fabrics randomly. Excited to see what you're up to at your house this time.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Which book has the bee block?

Maisy said...

Thanks for the tip about waiting to put sections together. It was sew tempting to try to jump ahead, but now that I know, I'll make sure to wait. I can't tell you how happy I am that I found you...I love everything you do!! Your style is exactly all the things I love and I can't wait to see more pictures of your cottage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails