Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One more thing....

...to show you before I go.
Okay.
You caught me.
I'm already gone....
and I just know that I'm having a wonderful time!....
Well, I posted this early before I left!
I didn't want my blogettes to forget about me while I was away!

Before I left....I went out into my garden to say good-bye to my flowers.
My daisies were at thier last bloom and so I decided to cut some to take along with me to enjoy in my trailer.

I put them in a very large old Ball canning jar. I tied fabric strips around the neck and placed them in my yellow and white enamal-ware basin.



Hhhmmmm...needed something else.


I went out in my trailer and brought the lemons I had packed to make fresh lemonade back into my kitchen.



Oh yeah!...that did the trick.



Pure sunshine in a jar.
Sun-shiny...lemony...daisies.
I carried my new centerpiece back out to the trailer and secured it carefully for the long ride.

Then I rushed back in the house and downloaded the photos I took just so that I could show you this one last thing that I put in my trailer....
I gotta go!
Mr. Honey is calling....
"Wifey!...(yes, he calls me wifey.)...lets hit the road!".....

post signature

17 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

Yes, sunshine, INDEED!
You've reminded me to make lemonade! I have lots of our meyer lemon juice frozen from winter! Thank you!
Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Funoldhag said...

What a cute, clever arrangement of daisies. You have the knack, Lori. And your trailer is just adorable. Have tons of fun! Carol

Rae Ann said...

Please... Please... Don't eat the daisies! What an adorable centerpiece!

Jocelyn said...

Very very lovely! Have a wonderful time.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Lori, you are somethin' else! I love your daisy bouquet....

GardenOfDaisies said...

Two of my favorite things... daisies and lemons!! LOVE IT!!! Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!

Holly said...

Hi Lori!!!

Just got the FAmily Reunion pattern in the mail for a birthday gift for my BFF....can't wait to give it to her. We'll be working on it together and then when the paper doll one comes out we'll be doing that one!! Love them, love them, love them!!!!

I love your little trailer and all the cute decor...would you do a post with pictures from your trailer? How you got it? What you did to fix it up? (if anything) Are you a "sister on the fly"?

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Jeanne said...

That's the perfect final touch! Such a pretty centerpiece. My husband often calls me 'wifey', too. LOL

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wifey....really???? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time!!!

Micki said...

Have a great time! Your daisies are just lovely!
Micki

Annelies said...

I want to stay in your trailer....looks soooo delightful. Can you share where the pattern comes from for the quilt under the lemons (G). Thanks, Happy travels!!!!

Kayleen@The Johnsosn Home said...

How beautiful and sunny! Where are you camping? I know you'll have a blast, especially with such pretty decor to keep you smiling. See you when you get back.

Jodi Nelson said...

Next time take me! ;o)

Sherry said...

Your daisies look so pretty in the old jar with the fabric strips. The lemons perfected it. Love it! Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip.

Trish said...

Lori,
What is the pattern for your table topper under your pretty daisies? It is beautiful !
Trish www.quilttalesandcattails.com

Nanette Merrill said...

Wifey is cute. Mr. Hive calls me that sometimes too. Cute cute. I know you're having a lovely time. Daisys and lemons. I love them both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails