Monday, March 1, 2010

I hope you...

...aren't getting tired of show and tell because that's what I have for you again today....and will have again tomorrow. Although this is the last show and tell from my retreat, tomorrow will be Clothesline Club show and tell.
These two darling quilts are Melanie's. She is one of Amy's daughters. All of her daughers came to the retreat to help out and have fun. They are all so cute and talented just like Amy.
The quilt below is a vintage quilt that I just fell in love with. You can tell by how many pics I took! I don't know the sweet lady who brought it but she kindly let me take photos to share with you. I'm sure you will find the quilt as amazing as I did.









This quilt is another amazing one....can you believe it? I wish I knew everyone's names to share with you but as this was the first time I had gone on this retreat, out of 60 women...I only knew a handful before the retreat...... While I was there I met so many lovely and talented women.







I do know that the quilt below is Diana's. She is a hoot and a half. I've known her for several years because she used to work at Broadbent's Quilt Shop in Lehi.








And the cute lady below is my friend Rae Ann. I've told you about her before. You can check out her quilts on her cute blog here.



I don't know who's quilt this is either but I had to show you because I love it and I have a thing for pumpkin quilts.


This "Choose the Right" quilt was made by my friend Kim from Bitty Bits and Pieces. She designed and made it for her daughters baptism day. I think it's very special and so well done. You can see more of her quilt on her blog here.

Another one I don't know ....but I love Dresdon plate quilts as you know.


Look at this creative quilt that was made by a cute lady for her grandson who likes skateboarding. Isn't it great?


This is Amy helping to hold up this quilt. This one wasn't made by her although it is her design. You can check out her patterns here.



I thought this quilt was so fun. What a great way to use up scraps.



Another pumpkin quilt. So bright and cheery.


The rest of the quilts below were taught at the retreat by Amy and her daughters. One kit was cut for each student and they could choose which of the 2 quilts below they would like to make from the kit.







Isn't that a great idea? Amy had all kinds of clever ideas, demos, classes, trunk shows and giveaways throughout the entire retreat. She really knows how to take care of us. Thanks for the great time Amy!


post signature

9 comments:

Rae Ann said...

I loved the show and tell Lori! Thanks! I have been posting all week about the retreat and with what you have shown... I can be on to other things I am dying to post. Didn't we have a wonderful time!
I am on facebook tonight and up comes an add on the side... your apron quilt! LOL! So fun!

Deb said...

Are you kidding Lori.. a true quilter would love show and tell everyday 3times aday the pleasure of seeing what other quilters do is part of being in this cult's incentive!!
The quilts are just fabulous what a hard working group!!
until tomorrow for the next show.. will be waiting..LOL
So many wonderful/inspiring ideas especially to dig into my scraps I love the one with the vase of flowers would be perfect for a few scraps to visit

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Killer show and tell I just picked my self up off the floor. OOH LA LA

Pat

Connie said...

Don't get tired of your show and tell, kept them coming! make me want to get my stuff all done, when i see finish quilt. HAPPY SEWING!

Jocelyn said...

I never get tired of seeing beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing them.

Lynn said...

Thanks for the show and tell. Such creativity - it's fun looking at them all. Looking froward to the next post.

Nanette Merrill said...

Who gets tired of show and tell. Not me! Such cute quilts from talented quilters.

Carrie P. said...

I never get tired of show and tell. that skate board quilt is so fun. My boys would have love to have one of those when they were younger.

Donna said...

What wonderful eye candy! I loved the show and tell. So many beautiful quilts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails