Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Clothesline Club Projects

Yesterday at Clothesline Club we really had a fun show and tell that I wanted to share with you.










The above quilts are Sandra's....love them!


These are Lucinda's. The one she is holding is a special wallhanging that she made in memory of her grandmother. It has her grandmothers things on it and even her picture. I took close ups for you. I think it is wonderful.












Lucinda's grandmother lived on a farm in Ohio...these are paintings that her mother did of the house and the barn.







Her grandmother was also a quilter. She made this quilt below for Lucinda and it was the quilt that she kept on her bed as a girl. It's so beautiful and in amazing condition.






Lucys colorful quilt....I love how the black looks with it.

This is my friend Rae Ann who I told you about in my last post. She joined our club this year and we are so glad that she did!

She is holding a picture of her great grandma and a figurine that belonged to her. The apron she is wearing was also made by the same great grandma.




She also made this beautiful bedspread that Rae Ann inherited....gorgeous.






And Rae Ann brought a few quilts that she just finished to show us.





These are Kathleens Easter bunnys...I love the yellow ric-rac and the bright colors.


Michelle's bearpaw quilt...

The remaining quilts are last months project....those who finished brought them to show....










Great job ladies....I think that we have alot of talent in our group. I especially enjoy seeing everyone each month and hearing all of the shared stories about our mothers and grandmothers and celebrating the wonderful legacy they have left to us.



post signature

14 comments:

Funoldhag said...

Just love your show and tell from the Clothesline Club. What fun you gals have. And what a talented bunch. Thanks for the show! Carol

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a fantastic show and tell!~ you are so lucky to have such a fun and talented group of friends. :-) Have a great day!

Karen said...

It is always a treat to see a post from your Clothesline Club. Love the bunny quilt!

Nedra said...

Great post Lori! I am so glad Rae Ann could join you, and show some of her wonderful things. I watched her make two of those quilts. And I loved Lucinda's show and tell. I want to live in the picture of the house.

Nanette Merrill said...

I always love seeing what the clothesline club is up to. That Rae Ann pops up everywhere doesn't she! She has the best stuff. So many cute quilts. Several I'd love to make but not as much as the ferris wheel quilt!

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful show and tell! Rae Ann is adorable and so is her apron. So many neat things . . . among my favorites are the paintings Lucinda's mom did of their house and barn -- amazing! And Rae Ann's bedspread. That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing so many amazing projects with us too!

Micki said...

What a wonderful show you gave us! I really enjoyed seeing all of them!
Micki

Carrie P. said...

Always love seeing show and tell from your group. I bet there were a lot of OOHHs and AAAAHHs going on in that group.

happy zombie said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, holy schmoly wow! I love your Clothesline Club and love even more that you share it with us! xoxo Molt

Sherry said...

What a wonderful show & tell! I always enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Rae Ann said...

Lori ~ You are so sweet to showcase my things and always say such nice things about me. My oh my... I am blushing!
I love the pictures that you take because it helps me to relive a fun memory. I really love being a part of the Clothesline Club and getting to be with such sweet ladies.
Thanks for being my dear friend!

Unknown said...

Isn't one of RaeAnn's from a Better Homes pattern? It's fabulous.
I love the Club stuff. I know that whenever I come here, I've made my day. The blog is just fabulous and is presented fabulously too!

Jan said...

Tks so much for sharing Lori! So many lovely creations and whow on those paintings! They are gorgeous!

Browndirtcottage said...

I always love that you share LOTS of photos....I enjoyed the quilty parade again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails