Friday, January 1, 2010

Hot Pad Exchange...

Here are the promised pictures of the Hot Pad exchange with our Yo-yo Mama's group. It took place at Material Girls a week before Christmas....it was really fun. This is the hot pad that I made to exchange...









I used some vintage fabric that I got from my Grandma for the back.

I finished it off with a stamped tag and a bow, along with yellow rubber spatula just for fun....


Click on any of the pictures if you want to see all of the detail really close up!


This adorable hot pad below is the one I got....my friend Shanna made it and I was so thrilled to get it.

We had alot of unique and very cute ones....like this pair of hot pads sewn right onto an apron.
Below are the rest of the cuties....













I also have a few show and tells brought that I want to show you...








That was my friend Cynthia's projects.
She is so talented and sweet and I was so happy to see her! She moved to Florida last year and was here for a visit...so she stopped by my class to say hello and to show me a few of the things she has been working on. Thanks Cynthia...both quilts are amazing...I love love love the red in both!




Those were a few of Shanna's projects that she was finishing up for gifts....a sewn and embroidered pillowcase, a baby quilt that she worked on at our Idaho retreat and cutie patootie felt flowers to embellish a scarf that she bought.....very fun and creative as usual Shanna!
I wish everyone a Happy New Year!



post signature

14 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Be still my heart--love the dresden-ish hot pad you made. I have some of the same fabric you used on the back. What fun gifts everyone made. LOVING that red/green quilt too. Happy New Year.

Melinda said...

These gals are so talented---very
cute stuff. How fun to have these to cook with.

Melinda

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I absolutely adore your hot pad! The colors are wonderful and I love that it is a circle.

You sure hang out with a talented bunch of ladies! I love seeing the show-n-tells :)

Nedra said...

All the hotpads are wonderful, but I liked yours the best. (of course!) How creative to see the one where the hotpads were attatched to an apron.

Betsy said...

wow Lori, what great talent. Thank you for sharing those great pics.

dream quilt create said...

Lori, that potholder exchange was wonderful! It was also fun to see whose potholder was whose, very creative women! Thanks for including me in your show and tell, I sure miss going to your classes and visiting with you and I would join all those clubs if I still lived here.... I can hardly wait to see what you design next!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhhh I'm in love with that Dresden potholder - and the gingerbread nine patch - those are so cute. Everything is wonderful - what a fun plan - I think I'll try that next year or maybe this year, since January is long and cold and this would be something cheery to do.

PamKittyMorning said...

You are killing me with your exchanges. I love each and everyone of those projects.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks for showing us all the cute thing at the exchange! Wonderful and creative!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing, so much cuteness, talent and inspiration!

Sherri said...

Oh, I love them all...but yours is incredible! What a fun exchange and terrific eye candy!

Rae Ann said...

The hotpads were out of this
world...cute! Your's was my favorite, along with the one that you won.
Thanks Lori, you have inspired me again!

Jeanette said...

I really need to find a group to be a part of =0(

You guys look like you have so much fun. I'm jealous!

Nanette Merrill said...

Well I have to admit I love your hotpad the best. But Nadine's is awfully cute too. Well they all are. I made hotpads too last month. We're on the same thread again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails