Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Apron and Feedsack Fabric

Yesterday I went to Quilts Etc. in Sandy for Clothesline Club and my Family Reunion applique club.(pictures to come soon).
I saw an apron displayed on the wall and loved the fabric and the cut of the apron so I picked up the pattern, bought the same fabric (except in red), came home and stitched it up! It took me about 3 hours and yeah!!!-new apron.
Here is how it ties in the back. The pattern is by Fresh Cut Quilts- the same as the pincushion I made for my giveaway. It was so fun to start and finish a project in one evening, I really should do it more often:) Do you like the fabric as much as I do? I love the all of the vintage looking tea cups and teapots with cherries inbetween. My new apron fits into my old kitchen perfectly!

Speaking of vintage looking fabric - I've been meaning to show you some of my feedsack fabric that I bought from Glenna over at Hollyhock Quilts. These are the real thing cut into 6" squares. I bought 100 of them from her with no repeats. Thanks Glenna, I just love them. They're all so different and will add alot to my projects.


I had picked up Glenna's new book a while back before I knew who she was. Now I'm happy to have made the connection! I really love the book:) It has alot of information on feedsacks and lots of really cute projects. I highly recommend it to all of you vintage fabric lovers out there!




This is just one of the many projects that I have going on using an old and new fabric mix. It's going to be fun to add some of my new/old fabric in this quilt. I'll show you more of this later as I get closer to completion...



post signature

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love feedsack quilts. I've been eyeing thsi book and really should just buy it. I can't wait to see your last photo when it's finished.

Loralynn said...

I love your new apron! I agree that we need to work on things sometimes that can be done in an evening, we need that instant gratification to keep us going on the big projects!

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric on your new apron! the apron is cute too.

dream quilt create said...

I love the apron and it is inspiritng to me that you bought it and went home and in 3 hours it was sewn! I think I will buy that pattern and make one too. Thanks for the idea. Food for thought, or should I say fabric for sewing!

Nedra said...

Your new apron is very cute. And I love the quilt you are working on at the end of the post.

Sherri said...

I love your apron...I recently used some of that red teapot fabric in some projects for a swap...now I'm wishing I had bought more...an apron is perfect for it!

Simone de Klerk said...

I love the apron, Lari! And your project looks very pretty!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aren't we so cool. We are both 3 for 3 in your post today. I don't have that apron but I do have that fabric! And Glenna's squares and her book. Speaking of Glenna I need more squares!

Betsy said...

Beautiful fabrics, cool apron, awesome quilt and I love the book!

Jocelyn said...

Such a cute apron. I and LOVE the fabric. What a refreshing "new" apron for your old kitchen.

Kim Walus said...

What a great apron! I love the teapots too. The fabric and quilt are to die for.

I look forward to seeing the quilt when it's done and if it's your design and you make a pattern for it you can put me on your list right now. I love it!

Thanks, Kim

P.S. I'm glad you liked your prize!

Nielson said...

You are amazing--I love how you just go home and "whip it up" like you're not busy or anything... :) It is so cute!

Karen said...

Love the apron and the quilt you are working on.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great apron!! Love Glenna's feedsack squares and I have her book too. It's a good one. I love your latest project, cant wait to see more.

Unknown said...

Back in the dark ages... we all use to wear aprons... then they went out of vogue. I'm thrilled that they are coming back in style.

This is a darling pattern and the fabric is just perfect.

Eileen said...

Love those charms.. and the quilt you are making :-) I am always on the look out for the perfect pattern to showcase a lot of my old charms.. but it has to be JUST right. They should be made into something.. not just hoarded away in a box. I'm glad you are making something with yorus!

Carrie P. said...

I am sure you must have had fun going through all those fabulous feedsacks.

Cindy said...

I just love aprons and this one is no exception. I made one the other day, smock style, for Mom to wear to Church when she serves her desserts. I love aprons of ALL styles, shapes, fabrics so on.
Blessings.

Unknown said...

Lori and all how liked the apron pattern,
Thank you for all of those nice things you said about the apron pattern! Lori's is DARLING in the red teapot fabric! Love that! What a great surprise when I checked back on Lori's blog and here was an apron that looked oddly familiar to me!

Glenna Hailey is a dear sweet lady and her feedsack collection is to die for! I have that book too and adore it!
Thank you again Lori!
-Kari Fresh Cut Quilts

Sweet P said...

Your new apron is adorable. I should try to find the pattern.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Thanks for all the plugs, Lori!! Would you like to be my manager?? I feel like your blog was Glenna Day. You might not realize it, but even the black/white trim on the apron was from my Rise n Shine group! Thanks so much! You have MADE MY DAY! Blessings~

Related Posts with Thumbnails